The planning framework helps users identify learning objectives, learning outcomes and goals, and helps to set the course structure, ensuring e-learning modules are created in a logical, considered manner.
Mohive's unique approach to authoring helps make it one of the fastest, easy-to-use products on the market. At the same time, the e-learning output is highly interactive and engaging. Designed with the Subject Matter Expert in mind, Mohive enables rapid authoring that doesn't require in-depth technical skills.
Mohive provides authors with a series of templates that help them easily create a variety of exercises, including multiple choice, drag and drop, video, explore and many others. Authors can also quickly create tests and question pools.
Mohive authors can:
- Rapidly produce e-learning
- Import existing PowerPoint presentations
- Create trackable tests and question pools
- Easily add in videos and sounds
- Collaborate with team members on content creation
- Reuse existing Flash-based content, assets and animations
One of the costliest, yet least talked about aspects of e-learning is the quality assurance or review stage. Mohive streamlines the QA process by providing a series of tools that help reduce the time spent on QA and provide a centralised repository for all feedback.
Mohive's Quality Assurance functionality includes:
- Project status: Project managers can set project status, ensuring that courses won't be published until they've been properly reviewed and approved.
- Review cycles: With the Mohive system users can create review cycles to solicit feedback from project stakeholders. Typically e-learning courses need to be reviewed by a variety of groups, including training management, marketing and legal. In addition, Mohive highly recommends conducting a reference group review to ensure the course is able to meet the needs of the target audience.
- To do list: To further streamline the quality assurance process, Mohive includes a to do list that provides a centralised repository of comments and required changes, so authors can quickly update the content.
- Audit trail: Vital for organisations that require their review processes to be documented, Mohive's Audit Trail functionality ensures customers can meet various regulatory compliance issues, such as Sarbanes-Oxley and others.
The final stage in Mohive's workflow is publishing. Users can publish content in a variety of ways, depending on their requirements. This includes:
- As a SCORM package (for LMS tracking)
- As a standalone Flash file for web or CD distribution
- As a .exe file
- As a PDF for printing
In addition to publishing content in a variety of file formats, Mohive also enables users to alter the graphic design, size, resolution and other aspects of e-learning courses, providing a level of flexibility not found in other e-learning systems.